FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
K Kane orders may be placed online at www.k-kane.com, via email to [email protected], or weekdays between 10am - 6pm by calling 646.559.4935. Please note that once an order has been placed, we are not able to modify or cancel your order. Please review our full TERMS & CONDITIONS prior to placing your order.
Our business was built on creating jewelry to satisfy the unmet needs of our friends and family. Feel free to reach out to us with special requests, which we will do our best to fulfill.
All K Kane jewelry is handmade to order in the US, with production time varying by product and metal choice. Production times are listed on the product shop page for each individual piece.
If you have a gift occasion before your piece will be ready, we often recommend printing and presenting a photo of the piece with a note that it is being custom made for the recipient.
Orders are processed and shipped Monday through Friday.
All domestic K Kane orders will be shipped via our complimentary Fedex Ground shipping, or via Fedex Express shipping for an additional charge. International orders will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail International or USPS Priority Mail Express International. Please note that when placing an International order, you are responsible for handling any local import duties, taxes and fees upon the arrival of your order.
Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with carrier tracking information. Delivery times are estimated by the carrier and subject to the carrier’s performance. If your order is sent back to K Kane by FedEx or USPS for failure to deliver you will be required to pay for the re-shipment of your order.
We accept all major credit cards as payment methods. We do not accept checks or money orders. The full payment is due before production is started on your jewelry.
Returns Due to the highly customized nature of our pieces, all K Kane purchases are final sale with the exception of our Chain Letter Neon Bracelets.
Chain Letter Neon Bracelets may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of receipt of purchase, provided they are unworn and returned in original condition, packaging and shipping box. Please email [email protected] to request a return authorization number.
K Kane jewelry is made in the USA and subject to strict quality control requirements throughout its production. Due to it’s handmade and inherently delicate nature, it is important that you care for your jewelry according to the following guidelines:
- Remove your jewelry prior to any activity that will put added strain on it or cause it to catch: sleeping, exercising, lifting heavy objects.
- Take care to avoid extended exposure to water or any chemicals and products. Remove it prior to swimming, showering, putting on perfumes and lotions, etc.
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, be sure to store it separately so that it does not get tangled or scratched by other pieces of jewelry.
- Follow the below instructions to periodically clean your pieces.
GRAFFITI & SIGNATURE COLLECTIONS:
Please clean your pieces according to the below instructions by metal type.
RHODIUM PLATED SILVER
Rhodium plated silver can be cleaned with a solution of hot water and Dawn dish soap. Rinse and dry thoroughly after soaking!
Sterling Silver becomes tarnished due to oxidation, which occurs for a variety of reasons such as exposure to humidity in the air, interaction with the oil on your skin, and contact with chlorinated water. To prevent your jewelry from tarnishing, store it in a clean, dry, airtight place when you are not wearing it. Tarnish can easily be removed by gently cleaning your piece with a soft silver polishing cloth. You can also soak your sterling silver pieces in a mixture of hot water and Dawn dish soap. Rinse and dry thoroughly afterwards.
Clean with a liquid gold cleaner or Windex, rinse with hot water and dry well!
CHAIN LETTER COLLECTION:
CHAIN LETTER NEONS:
To prolong the life and beauty of your bracelet, please avoid extended exposure to water such as showering, swimming or exercising in it.
CHAIN LETTER NECKLACE, BRACELET, EARRINGS AND RINGS:
- Use a polishing cloth to gently polish the chain and letters on your piece. (Our favorite polishing cloth can be found here)
- Rub each individual letter with the cloth and be careful not to tug too hard on the links that attach each letter together.
- Place your piece in a shallow dish and spray Windex to submerge the piece in the product. Let the Windex and piece of jewelry soak for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the piece with hot water and dry with a soft cloth.
Click for a video demonstration!
K KANE BRIDE COLLECTION:
- Fill a small bowl with hot water and several drops of Dawn dish soap.
- Soak ring for 20-40 minutes, or overnight depending on how dirty your ring is.
- Take a soft bristled toothbrush or eyelash spoolie (our preference), apply dawn to the brush head like toothpaste, and use the brush to gently scrub the underside of your setting.
- If your ring is still dirty repeat steps 2-4.
- Rinse your ring in hot water and dry it with a soft cloth or accelerator dryer.
- A steamer or ultrasonic machine will greatly augment the above method. This is our favorite home steamer, and many of our clients like this ultrasonic.
Click for a video demonstration!
DIAMOND BRITES + CODE FLAG COLLECTIONS:
Please do not let your enamel pieces come into contact with chemicals and alcohol based products such as hand sanitizers, hair sprays, perfumes, and lotions. Avoid extreme heat or cold as they can melt or crack your enamel. Light colored enamel, especially white enamel, is subject to color transfer. Enamel can also be scratched - be sure to store enamel pieces separately and carefully follow the above primary care instructions.
- Use a very soft bristled toothbrush to gently brush your jewelry with warm water mixed with mild liquid soap such as Dawn.
- Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
If a repair is needed on your K Kane piece, please reach out to a customer service representative at [email protected] to obtain a repair authorization and quote. K Kane offers complimentary repairs within 3 months of the purchase date, assuming your piece has not been subject to extenuating circumstances that have damaged it. Refurbishing costs generally fall between $45 - $150. Once you receive a quote please ship your pieces to the address below including a check made out to K Kane, LLC to cover the refurbishing costs. We do not accept money orders. Please be sure to obtain and email us your tracking number so that we know to expect your piece.
K Kane also provides restringing for Chain Letter Neons at a flat rate of $35. Please follow the directions above.
K Kane, LLC
648 Broadway, #1002A
New York, NY 10012